Indian Navy Matric Recruit (MR) Notification Oct 2020
Online applications are invited for Indian Navy Matric Recruit from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as sailors for 400 vacancies (Approximately) for Matric Recruit (MR) – Oct 2020 batch.
Educational Qualifications :- Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India.
Job Specifications :-
- Chef. They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
- Steward. They would be required to serve food in the officers‟ messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
- Hygienist. They will be required to clean washroom, shower spaces and other areas. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
Age. Candidates should be born between 01 Oct 2000 to 30 Sep 2003 (Both dates inclusive).
Pay And Perquisites :-
Pay & Allowances. During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
Promotion. Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600- ₹ 1,51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
- During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation as per entitlement.
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per Government orders in force and amended from time to time.
- Insurance Cover. Insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakhs (on contribution) is admissible for sailors.
Selection Criteria For Indian Navy Matric Recruit :-
Selection of recruits is based on State wise merit of their performance in Computer-based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 50 questions, each carrying 01 mark.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- The question paper will comprise of two sections i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of class 10th syllabus & sample papers for the examination are available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be 30 minutes.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
Penalty for Wrong Answer. Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Advisory:- Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
Medical Standards :-
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official Indian Navy recruitment website.
- Preliminary Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the Final Medical Examination”. Final Enrolment Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in Final Enrolment Medical Examination will be enrolled. Candidates who are found medically un- fit will be advised to appeal against its findings, if they so desire, at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapat- nam within a maximum period of 21 days.
Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to medical examination.
Tattoos :- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Training And Initial Engagement :-
Training. The training for the course will commence in Oct 20, with 15 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch/ Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
Discharge as “Unsuitable”. Trainees are liable to be discharged as “UNSUITABLE” if their progress (including academics) or conduct is unsatisfactory at any time during the training. Trainees are also liable to be discharged at any stage of training if their documents are found to be falsified at any stage of recruitment.
Initial Engagement. The initial engagement is subject to successful completion of training. The initial engagement is for a period of 15 years.
Selection Procedure For Indian Navy Matric Recruit :-
Examination Fee. Candidates (except SC/ST candidates, who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 215/- (Rupees Two hundred fifteen only) through online mode by using net banking or by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI. Admit Card for the online examination will be issued to those candidates who have successfully submitted the application and examination fee or are entitled to waiver off examination fee.
Note: Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
- There is no reservation of vacancies for the candidates from SC/ ST category. Candidates from SC/ ST category will only be entitled to waiver of examination fee. Candidates are liable to be discharge/rejected at any stage of recruitment /training if it is found that false SC/ST certificate has been produced to claim waiver of examination fee.
- In case you have made an online payment of fee and money has been deducted from your account without successful payment reflecting in dashboard, please login to your dashboard within one working day to get the final payment status reflected. If payment status is reflected as failed money debited will be automatically refunded to your account.
The applications are to be filled online only on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded. The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Examination city/centre/date cannot be changed once allotted by the Indian Navy. Call up Letters cum Admit Card for online examination indicating date, time and place, which are scheduled during Feb 2020, would be required to be downloaded from the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in tentatively by one week before examination. Only Electronic mode of communication will be used while contacting the candidates at all stages of recruitment.
- The original documents uploaded by the candidates during online filling of application viz original certificates, mark sheets, Domicile certificate and NCC certificate (if held) are to be brought by the candidates at all stages of recruitment (Written Examination, PFT and Final Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka). If the details provided in „online application‟ are not matching with original documents at any stage, the candidature will be cancelled.
- Results of the online examination will be announced tentatively after 30 days. Approximately 1200 candidates will be called for PFT and Preliminary Recruitment Medical Examination. Allocation of centres for PFT and Preliminary Recruitment Medical Examination will be at the discretion of the Indian Navy. The qualifying cut off marks for appearing in PFT & Preliminary Recruitment Medical may vary from State to State for MR entry.
- Candidates who are qualified in PFT will undergo Preliminary Recruitment medical examination. Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the Preliminary Recruitment medicals can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
- Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the Preliminary recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital within 21 days after payment of Rs 40/- through www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/ appeal is permissible.
- A State wise merit list will be published for candidates who have passed in PFT and Preliminary Recruitment Medical Examination depending upon vacancies. In case of candidates securing similar cut off marks in Computer Based Examination, the candidate with higher percentage in the qualifying examination i.e 10th will be selected for Final Enrolment Medicals at INS Chilka.
- The merit list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on 21 Aug 2020. All selected candidates will be called to INS Chilka for Final enrolment medicals. The selection of a candidate will stand cancelled and he will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy in case the candidate fails to report on the date and time mentioned in call letter for final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Final Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
- The candidate‟s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh, provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- All select listed candidates will be required to download Police Verification form and other associated forms along with the Call letter for Final Enrolment Medical Examination at INS Chilka. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on Police Verification form / Online police verification form from the Superintendent of Police of their respective jurisdiction. Candidates without the verified police verification reports or reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding this recruitment/ enrolment after a period of six months.
How To Apply For Indian Navy Matric Recruit :-
For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 23 Nov 19 to 28 Nov 19. The procedure is as follows:-
- Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & Mark sheet ready for reference.
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your e-mail ID, if not registered already. The Applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers.
- „Log–in‟ with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the „Submit‟ button make sure all the details are correct, all required documents are scanned in original & uploaded.
- Admit Card will be generated for only those candidates who have submitted the online application and have made the payment of examination fee or are entitled to waiver off examination fee.
- Candidates who have submitted the application on the last date of application submission, will get one additional day, to make payment of fees. Candidates who fail to make the payment even on the additional day will not be given further chance and hence their application will be cancelled.
- Photographs. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND.
- The application may be uploaded from Common Service Centres (CSC) across the country, against a fixed fees of Rs 60 + GST. This facility is entirely optional.
- In case of any difficulty faced by potential candidates they may contact IHQ MoD (Navy) through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Important Information For Indian Navy Matric Recruit :-
- Mobile phones or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the examination premises. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of Online application.
- No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create disorderly scene in examination premises.
- While filling his online Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his choice for the centre of the Examination. Candidates who are called up for PFT and Preliminary Medical Examination, will be allotted a centre closest to where they appeared for online examination.
- Candidates should avoid submitting multiple applications. If more than one application is received from a candidate, his candidature will be cancelled.
- The decision of the Indian Navy as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the online examination shall be final.
- Wrong information about domicile certificate or SC/ST status will result in cancellation of candidature at any stage of recruitment.
LAST DATE OF ONLINE APPLICATION – 28 NOV 2019
Read More :-
- Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) Notification -2020
- Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme 2020
- Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 1 2020 Notification
- Join Indian Navy In 2021
- Pictures Of Indian Naval Academy Will Motivate You To Join Indian Navy