Daily Current Affairs 22 Jan 2020
Indian Defence Education provides Daily Current Affairs for CDS, AFCAT, SSB Interview, NDA, MNS, INET and other exams.
Daily Current Affairs 22 Jan 2020.
- India, a partner in the construction of one of the lafgest telescope in the world, has said it wants the project to be moved out of the proposed site at Mauna Kea, a dormant volcno in Hawaii.
- Vyommitra is the first human robot to be developed by the indian Space Research Organisation. ISRO plans to send the half Humanoid to space in its first unnamed mission under Gagayaan program. The human robot can simulate most of the human body functions.
- Bangladesh’s PM Sheikh Hasina launched e-Passport facility for all citizens of the nation in Dhaka on Jan 22, 2020.
- The Ministry of Law and Justice recently declared United Arab Emirates to be a “Reciprocating territory”. It allows the law on the subject of execution of decrees of courts in India by foreign Courts and vice cersa.
- Greece’s parlimant elected Katerina Sakellaropoulou as the first woman president on January 22, 2020. The 63 years old was elected to the top post in a historic vote, which saw 261 of the total 294 MPs vote in favour of her.
- India secured 5th spot on annual Carbal Disclosure Project 2019 report which was published by global non profit organization. Carbal Reporting Initiative, is aimed at measuring the carbon reduction activities undertaken by different companies and firms operating in various countries across the globe.
- Three States namely Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura celebrated thrir statehood Days on January 21, 2020. Meghalaya is known for sports, Music and conservation of nature, Manipur is known for its vibrant culture and Tripura citizens are known for their industrious naature.
- Maharashtra Govrnment has issued an order that all schools an order that all schools must recite constitution preamble from january 26. The gov. ordered that student will read the Preamble of the Constitution so that they know its importance.
- The Telangana State Election Commission will use the Facial Recognition App During the municipal elections. It will be used as a pilot project at 10 selected polling stations. Voters will be identified through the face Recognition App. However, Manual verification will also be there.
- United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS was recently organized at the World Economic Forum at Davos, Switzerland. The organization works with a vision to eradicate HIV infections, AiDS relatesd deaths and busting myths.
- Hydrabad secured the first place in the list of the worls’s most dynamic cities. Jones Lang Lasalle has recently released the city momentum index that comprised of 129 cities across the world. JLL evaluated 129 cites and selected Hydrabad as the world’s most dynamic city. There are seven Indian cities are present in the top 20 cities. Bangalore ranked second in this ranking.
- Deepika Padukone was honoured with the crystal award 2020 at 26th Crystal Award ceremony during World Economic Forum’s.
- France will train Indian flight surgeons to enable them to monitor the health of astronauts selected for the ambitious human space mission Gaganyaan. The two week training is a critical aspect of the Gaganyaan project that is aimed at sending three Indians to space by 2022.
- The Iranian film ‘Castle of Dreams’ Directed by Reza Mirakarimi won the Best Film Award in Asian Competition section of the 18th Dhaka International Film Festival. The film also won the best Director Award. The theme of this years festival was ‘Better film. Better auduence, better Society’.
- The Haryana Assembly retifited the 126th Constitutional Amendment Bill, passed by the Parliament in December last year. Earlier, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra and Bihar Assemblies had ratified the Bill, which was introduced in the lok sabha by Union Minister of Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad on December 9, 2019. The Bill amends provisions related to reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes.
- PM Narendra Modi and his Nepali counterpart KP Sharma Oli inaugurated Intregrated Check Post Biratnagar. ICP Biratnagar has been built ob 260 acres of iand at a cost of around 140 crore rupees.
- Defence Acquisition Council, has approved procurement of equipment worth over five thousand 100 crore rupees from indigenous sources to promote indigenization.
- President of Brazil Jair Messias Bolsonaro will arrive in New Delhi an a four day state visit to India. Pressident Bolsonaro will be the chief guest at the 71st Rupublic Day Parade at Rajpath on 26th January 2020.
- Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt and Paralaympian Deepa Malik were among the new inductees in the governments All India Council of Sports, from which batting great Sachin Tendulkar and Vishwanathan Anand have been omitted for not being ‘active’ enough.
- Qatar and FIFA published the first jointly issused legacy planning strategy ahead of the football Worls Cup in 2022. It is scheduled to take place in Qatar in 2022.
- The Reserve Bank Of India said that it has cancelled the Certificate of Authorisation of Vodafone m-pesa on account of volountary surrender of authorisation.
- Bajaj Finserv has launched diditzed health EMI cards covering an entire family with a credit limit ranging between rs 40,000 and rs 4 lakh.
- Maghalaya celebrated the 48th anniversary of statehood day on 21 January.
- Indian Schooters Divyansh Singh Pawar And Apurvi Chandela have clinched a gold medal each in Meyton Cup in Innsbruck, Austria.
- Jharia, known worldwide for its underground coal fires, continued to be the most polluted city in the country in 2018, according to Airocalypse-IV, an annual Report released by Greenpeace India.