CDS 2 2020 Notification
UPSC has published the CDS 2 2020 notification. It is a golden opportunity for the defence aspirants to join the Indian Army, Airforce and Navy as an officer through UPSC CDS 2 2020 exam. In this article, the aspirants will find the complete details about the CDS 2 2020 exam.
CDS 2 Highlights
|Name of exam||Combined Defence Services Examination|
|Conducted by||Union Public Service Commission|
|Commission Type||Permanent & Short Service Commission|
|Exam mode||Two hours|
|Language of question paper||English and Hindi|
|Exam Fees||Rs 200|
|Exam purpose||To select candidates as Commissioned Officers in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force|
|CDS 2 vacancies||344|
|No of test cities||41|
CDS 2 2020 Educational Qualifications: Here we brought the complete details of the educational qualifications required for CDS 2 2020 Notification.
- For IMA and Officers’ Training Academy, candidates must be a graduate
- For Indian Naval Academy, candidates must have a degree in Engineering from a recognised university
- For Air Force Academy, a degree or Bachelor of Engineering is necessary. Students must have studied Physics and Mathematics in Class 12
CDS 2 2020 Age-limit: Complete details of the Age limit required for CDS 2 2020 Notification.
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA), unmarried candidates born not earlier than July 2, 1997, and not later than July 1, 2002.
- For Indian Naval Academy (IMA), unmarried male candidates born not earlier than July 2, 1997, and not later than July 1, 2002.
- Candidates applying for Air Force Academy should be between 20 to 24 years as on July 1, 2021 (born not earlier than July 2, 1997, and not later than July 1, 2001).
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men), unmarried male candidates born not earlier than July 2, 1996, and not later than July 1, 2002, are eligible for the exam.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course), candidates should be unmarried and born not earlier than July 2, 1996, and not later than July 1, 2002.
CDS 2 2020 Important Dates
|Notification||5-Aug-2020||The notification for CDS 2 has been released|
|Release of CDS application form||5-Aug-2020||Online registrations for the exam has started|
|Last date to apply||25-Aug-2020||Candidates can apply online for the exam till this date|
|Exam date||8-Nov-2020||CDS 2 exam will be conducted across various cities|
CDS 2 2020 Selection Procedure
CDS follows a three-stage recruitment process it consists of the below-mentioned phases. Each and every candidate should go through all the stages. There is no exemption.
- Written Test
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
- Merit List
How to Apply For CDS 2 2020
- Visit official site upsconline.nic.in/ and Click “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC“.
- In the Page click on column “Click Here for PART I” against Combined Defence Services Examination (II)
- Under the section of PART I read the instruction carefully and in the Bottom click on Yes.
- Now the Application form will be appeared, fill your personal and contact details.
- Select the preference for the academies as per age & qualification.
- Now continue to next step. The Registration ID would be generated.
- The candidates should then head to “Part II” of the application form.
- Next step is to deposit the fee of ₹ 200/-.
- Once the fee payment is done, select the desired examination center.
- Upload a scanned copy of the photograph and signature as per the file size & dimensions specified in the official notification.
- Click to “Submit”.
- Print/ Download the application form for future use.
For more details download official notification of CDS 2 2020 :-
CDS 2 2020 FAQs
Q. Can girls apply for CDS exam?
A. Yes, girls can apply for CDS exam. They are considered for Officers Training Academy (OTA).
Q. Can I give CDS exam after class 12?
A. No, to be eligible for the exam candidates must have passed graduation.
Q. How to prepare for CDS exam?
A. Candidates should first understand the CDS syllabus and pattern. Then they should prepare a proper study routine. Clear basics and understand the concepts.
Q. How many attempts are permitted for CDS exam?
A. There is no limit on the number of attempts.